Remember when we talked about real-life heroes? This week the Belle Curve hosts interview Rachel B’s kindred spirit, dear friend of 15+ years, and real-life hero, Rachel Medefind (we’ll call her Rachie).
Rachie lives in the Washington, D.C.-area and is a mother of five, a homeschooling parent, an adoptive mother, a foster parent, a neuroscience graduate student, and someone who grew up in the Philippines as a missionary kid. She is married to Christian Alliance for Orphans (CAFO) President and CEO Jedd Medefind and in this episode, Rachie shares her insights on super-challenging topics such as:
– How to opt-out of the conventional American parenting rat race and do so with beauty and intentionality.
– How to handle the natural feelings of loss, grief, perhaps even depression, that may come in the early stages of motherhood.
– The neuroscience of early development and the value of love and connection.
– What it is like to be an adoptive & foster parent.
– How to face injustice – in the world and in our lives.
– How strong women can emulate Jesus.
– What to do you do when you are personally mistreated.
– What neuroscience says about emotional regulation, mental illness, and wellbeing.
– How to offer micro mercies.
– Alternative approaches to feminism for strong women.
– How thoughts scientifically shape who we are.
Challenge for this week: Examine your thoughts and emotions and mindfully think about how they are shaping who you are becoming.