We talk this week to Virginia Bradlee Linzee – a New York City makeup artist who has worked with celebrities such as DRAKE, Andie MacDowell, Solange Knowles, Milla Jovovich, Ethan Hawke, Michael Phelps, Nina Garcia, (and many, many more), clients such as Badgley Mishka, Oscar de la Renta, and many others, and has worked fashion shows such as Alexander Wang, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, Hermes, and with a huge list of other clients, and in print ads, TV and commercial work.
Virginia is also a southerner from Birmingham, Alabama, and mother of two children, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome.
In this episode, she talks openly and authentically about:
- How she went from Auburn graduate who studied painting to New York City artist success story
- The particular challenges of being a working mother in NYC
- Her experiences with #MeToo and what she has observed in her industry pre and post-movement
- How she processed the news that her son would have Down syndrome
- The differences between Southern and New York cultures
- And HUGE! Virginia gives us makeup and skincare recommendations, including tips on techniques to enhance natural beauty.
You can connect with Virginia at:
NEW YORK Ray Brown Pro www.raybrownpro.com/virginialinzee
Also! Ever wished you could get honest makeup recommendations and reviews from the pros who have to choose which products work best on their major clients?
Find many of the recommendations Virginia shares with us and stay tuned for the app launch of Verapages. You can find Virginia’s page here.