We’re talking about the big, bad, “S” word today .. no, not that word … we mean SALES!!
In this episode we reference:
– To Sell Is Human by Daniel Pink
– Cognitive Dissonance, a concept first introduced by Leon Festinger
– FEAR prompts a physiological response that can sabotage your success, according to health experts at the University of Washington.
– Getting Over Your Fear of Cold Calling, Harvard Business Review article by Weldon Long
– Statistics about Sales, compiled by zety.com:
– According to Baylor University, “The average salesperson generates roughly one appointment or referral from every 209 cold calls.
– The average sales conversion rate across all industries is between 2 and 4 percent, according to Statista
– 50 percent of all sales happen after the 5th contact, but most reps give up after just 2, according to InsideSales
– Only 2 percent of sales happen at the first meeting, according to MarketingDonut
No discussion of sales is complete without some good Brian Tracy Sales Quotes. Here are a few of Rachel’s favorites:
– “Your most valuable asset can be your willingness to persist longer than anyone else.”
– “Think continually about what you want, not about what you fear.”
– “Never say anything about yourself you don’t want to come true.”
– “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.”
CONNECT WITH US!
Some of the above links are affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase Belle Curve will get a little piece of the action, but it doesn’t cost you anything extra! Thank you for your support!